CodeMark Certification Scheme
CodeMark certification is a voluntary third-party building product certification scheme. It facilitates the assessment and certification of new and innovative products in specified circumstances, for compliance with the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and/or New Zealand Building Code (NZBC).
Meet Compliance Requirements
Legislated product acceptance by building authorities.
CodeMark Certification means the product meets the mandatory building code compliance requirements
Gain Market Access
Whether the product is manufactured locally or overseas, CodeMark certification allows your product(s) to be used in buildings across Australia and/or New Zealand
New or Innovative Products demonstrate your product(s) meets the requirements for suitability of use and compliance
Improve Your Competitive Edge
Drive business performance and growth with this industry-recognised certification.
Product opinions, appraisals, etc. do NOT have this legislated acceptance.
What is CodeMark?
As an accredited CodeMark certification body, SAI Global will evaluate and certify your product(s) to ensure they meet the specified requirements of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and/or the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC).
CodeMark certification requires a Pre-Assessment (or preliminary evaluation) to determine whether your product can be CodeMark certified and to define the scope of certification and identify accordingly the relevant BCA and/or NZBC provisions.
After the pre-assessment we will advise if your product and or systems are suitable for CodeMark. If so, a formal proposal for CodeMark certification will be provided. The proposal will include the applicable building code provisions, the requirement supporting evidence for certification assessment, and the applicable cost.
- CodeMark Initial Assessment Application Form is submitted along with supporting documentation (e.g. product brochure, specifications, test reports, product quality plan etc.)
- An application Review is conducted to assess product suitability for CodeMark certification.
- Identification of relevant provisions in the Building Code, Product Evaluation Plan, Risk assessment and Proposal for certification.
- SAI Global issue formal proposal for CodeMark.
- Client acceptance of proposal along with application fees.
- Formal notification from SAI Global confirming the application has been processed, the allocation of certificate number and Client manager.
- Client Manager contacts client outlining required documentation in preparation for an onsite factory audit, site inspection and/or post-manufacture surveillance (if required).
- Product assessment for compliance, assessment report, evaluation report, draft
- Unrestricted Building Certifier (UBC) final assessment/approval.
- SAI Global Certification approval process.
- Approved certificate of Conformity uploaded to SAI Global website (and JAS-ANZ website for BCA and MBIE website for NZBC)
- SAI Global notifies the client.
Access the CodeMark Australia Scheme Rules here.
Access the New Zealand Building Code Scheme Rules here.